Highlights of Advanced Hindi Syllabus
- At the end of this level students will be able to read anything written in Devanaagari script and will have developed sizable vocabulary and understanding to be able to speak, read and compose grammatically correct simple sentences.
- Students will build a strong repertoire of vocabulary with each maatra (one maatra and related vocabulary will be covered in each class, this topic will be covered in a minimum of 12 classroom instruction sessions). Oral vocabulary will be translated to written in this level.
- Complexity in symbolizing some of the maatras, and ‘r ki ref’ & ‘r ki paden’ will be taught in detail through these sub-topics.
- Good number of words with half letters will be introduced, further strengthening students’ vocabulary.
- Concept of ‘ek-vachan’ and ‘bahu-vachan’ (singular and plural) will be introduced and followed up with lots of examples, such that they are correctly used in context as applicable.
- Focus will be on speaking and writing grammatically correct simple sentences.
- Students will continue to learn classic Hindi poetry along with complete meaning and mood of the compositions.
- Ginti knowledge will be advanced to 100 (sau).
Prerequisites to Advanced Hindi
- Thorough knowledge of all 13 Vowels and 39 Consonants (including conjunct consonants); in terms of pronunciation, identification and writing skill.
- Knowledge of Ginti from ‘ek’ to ‘pachaas’ in Hindi and some simple mathematical operations.
- Comfortable in reciting and have an understanding of subject matter of some popular classic Hindi poems.
- Very comfortable in answering/having conversation about self and family in simple sentences or phrases.
- Knowledge of Hindi names of: colors, fruits & vegetables, relationship names in Indian Family system, names of body parts and names of days of week in Hindi.
- Knowledge of names of months from Hindu lunar calendar and associate popular festivals with these months, e.g. Holi in Phalgun, Diwali in Kartik, etc.
- Should have reasonably strong oral vocabulary of School related words: subjects, class room objects, test, quiz, exam, report-card, etc.
- Strong understanding of concept of half-letters in day to day Hindi words, and some related vocabulary as identified in our Intermediate Level.
- Sound understanding of concept of maatra in Hindi language; symbolization of vowels and usage with Vyanjan, also known as ‘बारह खड़ी’.
- Knowledge of vocabulary related to areas of House, different rooms, main objects and their usage in a specific room.